Friday, December 15, 2006

Dave, Claire and Jeff

Ahh, what do I say about Claire, Dave and Jeff. Here we have 3 great kids, whom I consider good friends (we worked together at my previous job as dining room manager at the Westover Inn), whom not only know the essence of life at a early age, but also know how important and heartfelt a picture can be to other family members. We had a great time trudging through the snow alongside the CN Rail line on the South end of town. With the clear skies and warm winter sun at its brightest I can't think of a better way to spend a Saturday afternoon. Thanks guys for being you and for supporting Lucid Musings Photography. Catch you on the rebound:-)

Faq: Using my Canon 30d, I shot almost everything spot metered, some with a little fill flash from an on-camera 580ex (my slave was acting up because of the brightness). Working with little shade, reflective white snow and clear skies, exposure often became an issue. In this situation, I always chose to expose for the subject's mid-range at expense of the background and try to bring it back in (if wanted) in post-process burning.

No comments: