Monday, November 13, 2006

Pamela and Russell's Wedding Reception


Pamela and Russell Halls wedding in Fergus was a truly special wedding. Held in the beautiful Anglican Church and with a full, traditional ceremony, the true spirit and meaning of marriage was very apparent. As with every wedding I did in October, the weather was wet, and I mean wet...it did not stop raining, through the ceremony, the portraits, or the reception. This did not put a damper on anything (but my photo equipment-the flashes decided to act up with the constant rain, and I had to rely on the beauty of spot metering with my new 30d, which I had just bought as an addition to my 20d..which doesn't have the spot meter..only a week before...who says things don't happen for a reason:-). Pamela and Russell, their family and wedding party where determined to carry on with portraits by the Grand River, as planned, and with a legion of umbrellas, I would have to say, unequivically, we succeeded and I am glad we kept course. See some of the portraits on my main site www.lucidmusings.com .
After drying off, it was time for everyone to loosen up a bit and let the reception begin. Held at the local ANAF hall, a great meal was had and the laughter and warmth of family shed any chills anyone still had from the outdoor portraits. A glorious ending to a glorious day:-)

FAQ: I shoot my indoor receptions by spot metering the subject's face, adjusting ISO accordingly (normally around 400-800/F 1.8-3.2) and use my 580EX flash bounced through Gary Fongs Lightsphere http://store.garyfonginc.com/liiido.html . I prefer the auto WB setting on my Canon 30d for most situations and deal with white balance issues post-process, as I like the warmth a little tungsten adds.

No comments: