Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Young Galaxy


When I went to the Besnard Lakes show the other night, I knew nothing of the opening band, Young Galaxy. But all I can say is, I sure am glad I know about them now! The wonderful experience of discovering a new band was in full force last Thursday from the opening notes of this Montreal based unit, housed on the Arts and Crafts label and promoting their debut self-titled album. Led by entrancing lead singer Catherine McCandless and guitarist/singer Stephen Ramsay, (once a member of The Stars) they mix Floyd with Art/Space Pop, the same as Besnard Lakes, but with a lyrical edge, rather than mixing in the Zeppelin tones that Besnard hits you with in the best of their climaxes. Great for backroad drives, sunsets and kissing the sky. Check them out:

No comments: